Partying in limousines is a great way to elevate your party experience. Whether it’s for a birthday party, an office victory celebration, or a bachelorette party, partying in limousines can make any night unforgettable. However, as with any celebration, boundaries have to be recognized, and etiquette should still be in the equation. Read on below for five etiquette tips you should keep in mind.
5 Etiquette Tips for Partying in Limousines
Please be guided by the following when hiring a limo for your next big celebration.
1. Finalize all the party details and communicate them with the limousine company.
Before you go ahead and start partying in limousines, make sure to provide all the necessary information to your chauffeur service. It includes the following:
- How many people in total will be joining the party?
- Are you or anyone with you allergic to certain types of food or beverage?
- Do you or any of your guests smoke?
- Are there any packages that need to be inside the limousine?
- Do you have a particular route you want to take?
- Are there going to be extra stops along the way?
Telling the company all of these details in advance makes sure that the company can provide what you need. Remember that they would like to make your experience comfortable and hassle-free. That means any changes should also be communicated to the limousine company so they can make the necessary adjustments.
2. Take a refresher on how to properly enter and exit a limousine.
Entering and getting out of a limousine? It seems like a no-brainer, right? But it’s so easy to overlook this detail, which can then lead to last-minute problems. To help you with this, just remember these three things:
- Part of the chauffeur’s job is to open the door for you, let them do it. Their task is to provide you with the best travel experience possible, and it includes getting the limousine door for you. Unless, of course, it has been arranged beforehand that somebody else will open the door once you’ve reached your destination. Avoid opening the door by yourself because it might be taken the wrong way.
- When you’ve entered the limousine and are about to sit down, take the first vacant seat. Then, swing your legs inside to execute a smooth entrance into the vehicle.
- Make sure to slide your legs in. You then would need to scooch over until you’ve found your assigned spot.
3. Practice kindness
The chauffeur is there to provide you with outstanding service, but don’t forget that they are people too. Be kind and respectful to them. Be mindful of their boundaries, and don’t even attempt to ask them to do anything unlawful or risky. Do not, by any means, damage the car.
Don’t be afraid to be social, and feel free to talk to your driver. They may not generally start a conversation, but they would be happy to engage with you. In case you’re having problems with your driver, make sure to call the limousine company rather than doing a confrontation in the car. Get the management involved to avoid any further issues.
4. Know your party limits.
You want to have a great time, and that’s why you rented a limousine. But partying in limousines doesn’t automatically mean you can go all out. It’s possible to have fun while still making sure that you’re keeping your limits in check. Don’t let things get out of hand and still keep a clear mind in the midst of all the partying.
Keeping a clear mind can help avoid a possible altercation with someone who had too much to drink or getting someone in your party injured. You may want to explore an alternative option of serving non-alcoholic drinks and snacks inside your limo instead. This way, you can make sure that no one is hungry before the party starts.
5. Don’t forget to tip the driver.
Tipping your driver is a must. It’s easy to remember because it’s similar to tipping a server based on your bill. In this case, you will base your driver’s tip on the cost of your rental. In case you encounter any problems with your chauffeur, and you decide not to give a tip, make sure to inform the company. This way, they can take note of your concerns and avoid doing them the next time. For sure, it will help them improve their services.
Level-up your party experience with Callahan’s Premium Car Service!
We have been in the industry for almost two decades. Callahan Premium Car Service knows the way around Ohio and Kentucky, so you won’t have to worry about the best route to take. We will make sure that your experience partying in limousines will be memorable. If you’re interested in our services, contact us at 937 789 3829. You may also fill out the quick form below so we can discuss your luxury transportation needs.